ERP as we know Enterprise Resource Planning related with large and mid level business where there is complexity of business operations through traditional systems. Where there is complexity in managing business operations, you must be need in ERP that will meet your business process transparently. In today’s mobile environment, organizations are looking for an ERP system for integrate their all business units into one to get better performance.
However there are so many ERP vendors in the world who provides ERP solution for businesses and others. But the main concern is to select a software vendor, who may deliver the perfect ERP solution to your business. It’s a crucial decision that may affect your business in the long run. So before choosing an ERP solution provider, underneath there are 8 suggestions you may have to consider.
- Document Your Business Objectives and come up with an Implementation and Support Plan: First of all you have the perfect knowledge about your total business process, then scoped out the business problem. Because a successful ERP implementation comes from understanding existing business processes. Next you have to define your implementation approach and timeframe. What about your IT plan? Do you proceed by your in-house developers or you might think about the outside software vendor, who will take out the total support plan and others responsibilities.
- Decide on a Delivery Model: You know ERP is a huge. Lots of modules includes here. So you may think deeply actually what delivery model is appropriate for your business. Do you want customized solution, cloud based or hosted/managed services? Generally customized ERP solution considered as the perfect solution for organization to business because only it can meet your own unique business demands.
- Compare Solution and try to find out Competitive advantage: There are lots of ERP vendors are providing and giving solutions up to your needs with different types of offers. Almost every standard software vendors are looks like same and providing their best to the clients as well a relationship. You may have to find out and choose the perfect vendor for your ERP solution by considering competitive advantages
- Focus on the Essentials: Do not mansion and focus on unimportant things. You may keep concentration, what you need and things that may help to running perfectly. Establish core process and relevant business matters.
- Invest in Training: Altgh ERP solution providers are responsible for possible training but they are committed with fixed timeline. After that company may have to invest regarding training to their employees who will be the end user of your software solution. It may come after implementation of ERP and depends on the company policy.
- Avoiding Over Customizing In Your ERP Solution: Customization in ERP solution always provides the perfect fitness to your business. You need customization up to the requirements of your business process. But you may fix your business process. I think you may be support with me, that there is no business like changing their business process randomly. Customization required when the process will change. Over customization will affect your return on investment for long run process.
- Measure the Results: After deploying your ERP solution you may measure from the output results comparing before. You may see the different types of reports, vouchers, etc.
- Keep your Software Current: Make sure and stay up to date with current software technologies which may provide quick loading, faster page loading, coding with updated framework.
So these are some primary suggestions before ERP development approach, you may find more suggestions when consulting with ERP experts.
NOTE: This article was Published Before by Md. Nazrul Islam as SocialMusker